The Adventures of John Berman--Sur de la Fronterra

The exploits of an American University student and his feeble attempts to communicate with the local population in their own native language.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Happy Birthday Mom

Happy Birthday Mom. I wanted to call today but I can´t figure out how to get the pay phone in the airport to make an international phone call.

I am about to get on the plane back to Santiago in a few minutes and hit the road. Today we went to see the penguins which were few, about six only, but the boat ride was nice.

Yesterday, we went to the museum in Ancud and saw original Chiloen art and then we cooked dinner for ourselves and went to the pub.

I wish I could show you all pictures but I lost my camera which I´m bummed about at the moment. I don´t think it`s ever turning up again but my pictures from the North of Chile are online so at least I have those. Hopefully, when the trip is over I can save other people´s photos from the internet and then have them developed with my own.

Ciao. I´ll call home tomorrow when I can figure out how to make an international call.


online college and university