The Adventures of John Berman--Sur de la Fronterra

The exploits of an American University student and his feeble attempts to communicate with the local population in their own native language.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Dearest Father

I hope you let Mom see the blog too and maybe tell her how to access it to. Better yet, why don't you just show her so she knows how to leave comments and all that jazz.

I just had one beer Dad, it´s not a good idea to be a gringo and drunk in this city late at night. The police here are very serious and the law says your not allowed to be drunk on the streets, drink on public transportation, or drink alcohol on the streets. That's probably depressing for those looking to party but if is going to say anything about the police here is that they are very straight laced. People I have spoken to have told me that they are the most respectable and honest in Latin America.

In regards to food Dad, it is pretty good, as I mentioned previously I had a lox and bacon sandwich before, washed down with a glass of freshly squeezed rasberry juice. Also, the other day I had a hot dog with diced tomatoe, avocado, and cheese (vieniesa italiana, go figure...it sounded fancy).

Finally, speaking of the National Bank of Dad, I´m probably going to need an infusion of cash because I have to pay for public transportation and lunch everyday. It's all going to add up. Hehehe...

Love Jon,

p.s. send money...HAHAHA!!! Interest rates are low at the First National Bank of Dad!!!
Just kidding, I hope things are going well at home, and I´´ll give you guys a call as soon as I can. MAKE SURE MOM CAN ACCESS MY BLOG TOO!!


online college and university