The Adventures of John Berman--Sur de la Fronterra

The exploits of an American University student and his feeble attempts to communicate with the local population in their own native language.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

And so it begins...

Well, here we go...

My Jonathan Berman and I am 20 years old. I'm from Poughkeepsie, NY and I'm on my way to Santiago, Chile to study abroad. I've never done a blog or anything of that nature but I felt it was important to catalogue and keep track of my trip to the other side of the world. I'll be there until May 20th, 2005.

On January 27th, 2005 I am taking an evening flight from Newark, NJ to Miami, FL in order to transfer to LANChile airlines. From there I will take an 8 hour flight to Santiago, Chile. I should arrive in the airport at Santiago at 6:50AM, which, if the universal time clock website is right, is 16-20 mins before sunrise in Chile. So that should be quite a sight to see, the first sunrise I'll see in South America.

Of course, that depends on whether my flight gets in on time...


online college and university